Quartzsite Town Council will hold a special meeting
MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2013 at 2:00 pm
Three items on the agenda are regarding the Planning and Zoning Commission.
1. Members of the Planning and Zoning Commission serve at the pleasure of the Council.
At the Discretion of the council, terminate all current appointments to the Planning and
Zoning Commission. Mark Orgeron, Council Member
2. Discussion and Interview of applicants to serve on the Planning and Zoning Commission. Mark Orgeron, Council Member
3. Discussion and possible appointment of members to the Planning and Zoning
Commission. Mark Orgeron, Council Member
4. Executive Session:
• An executive session pursuant to A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(3) for discussion or consultation for legal advice with Special Counsel for the Town regarding an employment contract with Police Chief Jeff Gilbert dated February 8, 2011.
• An executive session pursuant to A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(4) for discussion or consultation with Special Counsel for the Town in order to consider its position and instruct Special Counsel regarding the Town's position regarding an employment contract with Police Chief Jeff Gilbert dated February 8, 2011.
The online agenda does not have the time posted nor is it signed by the Town Clerk. Discussions held at the Jan. 22nd Council meeting infer the council wants to "release" the whole volunteer Planning & Zoning Board and start all over, but current members may reapply. Interim Town Manger and the council agreed the meeting to discuss P & Z would be held Wed. Jan. 30th.
However, Desert Messenger confirmed that five of the seven board members did not receive phone calls from Town Hall notifying them of the change to the Monday meeting until late Friday afternoon. Calls were placed from Town Hall between 3:41 pm - 4:13 pm Friday. There are only seven Volunteer Interest Forms posted online for the seven P & Z seats available. The Volunteer Interest Forms for the current five board members were NOT included.
Can the council include the currently seated Commissions in Monday's discussion if their Interest Forms were excluded from the council packet?
It was also confirmed that at least one council member was not notified the council packet was ready until about 4:15 pm Friday afternoon.
TOWN OF QUARTZSITE Planning and Zoning Commission Membership Roster
Last Council Approved Last Council Approved Term Status
Term Start Term End
Bearcat, Starr August 2010 August 2013 Current
Bowman, Barbara August 2010 August 2013 Current
Kiss, Violet November 2009 March 2012 Term Exp
Kuehl, Dennis November 2012 January 2015 Current
Murphy, James June 2007 June 2010 Term Exp
Ross, Doug October 2010 October 2013 Current
Wall, Dennis February 2012 None Current
For the full agenda visit: http://ci.quartzsite.az.us/Support%20Docs/Council_NTS_AGD/2013/012813%20Special%20Meeting%20Agenda.pdf