The agenda for the Tuesday, June 14th regular meeting of Quartzsite Town Council is as follows:
TOWN OF QUARTZSITE
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL
TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011 7:00 PM
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
REPORTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Community report – Council Member Anderson.
1. Approval of accounts payable (Check Series 32089 - 32089/total = $669,739.74)
2. Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of May 24, 2011.
3. Approval of Minutes of Special Meeting of June 1, 2011.
061411 – 1. Discussion and possible appointment of Dorothy Mallette to the MUAC Committee to complete the term of Dave Larson, term to expire May 2012. (Not open for public discussion)
Alex Taft, Town Manager
061411 – 2. Discussion and possible approval to advertise for Request For Proposals to provide towing services for the Town of Quartzsite on a rotating basis. (Not open for public discussion)
Al Johnson, Asst. Town Manager
061411 – 3. Discussion only regarding report from AZCOP.
Ed Foster, Mayor
COMMUNICATIONS/PETITIONS & CITIZEN COMMENTS: (call to the public)
Items may be taken in any order: The time for public input may be designated at any time. Members of the public should be advised, however, that the Council may be prevented by law from discussing the subject matter presented unless it is listed among the agenda items. (“Members of the public body shall not discuss or take legal action on matters raised during an open call to the public unless the matters are properly noticed for discussion and legal action.” A.R.S. § 38-431.01)
Guidelines are as follows:
1) The Town cannot discuss or take legal action on any matter not on the agenda;
2) Remarks should be limited to statements about Town issues and not personal attacks;
3) Public comments are limited to 4 minutes. One person may not assign his/her time to another;
4) If there are several speakers on a particular matter, citizen groups may select a person to make the presentation on their behalf;
5) If you wish to make a public comment, approach the podium and wait until you are recognized by the Mayor. State your name for the record;
6) Citizens shall observe rules of propriety, decorum and good conduct. Profanity, threatening or personal attacks and slanderous remarks are not permitted. If such behavior does not cease at the request of the Mayor or Council Member, the individual may be barred from further audience before the Council for the remainder of the meeting & the following regular Town Council meeting, unless permission is granted by a majority vote of the Council;
7) Public officers may respond to criticism or request staff to review a matter or place an item on the agenda.
The full agendas for all public meetings are available online at: