Pavement repairs along State Route 95 north of Parker begin Monday
Motorists are advised to plan extra travel time when traveling between Parker and Lake Havasu
The Arizona Department of Transportation will continue working on a pavement repair project along State Route 95 north of Parker beginning Wednesday (April 25).
The project consists of repairing cracks in the pavement between mileposts 152-161 and mileposts142-148. The project is scheduled to be completed by May 2012.
What to expect during construction:
- Daily intermittent lane closures are scheduled between 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Workers will temporarily stop traffic and escort them through the work zone.
- Motorists are advised to plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
- Message boards will advise drivers of lane restrictions.
- Speed limit will be reduced to 45 miles per hour in the work zone.
- Law enforcement will be on-site to control traffic and monitor speeds.
ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule. To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.
For more information about this project, please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Yuma District Senior Community Relations Officer Gabriella Kemp at 928.317.2165 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at email@example.com or 1.800.949.8057. Visit www.facebook.com/azdot orwww.azdot.gov for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts at http://adotblog.blogspot.com.