OPEN HOUSE ~ June 29, 2010 ~ 6-7 pm
Desert Gold RV Resort
46628 E. Highway 60 ~ Brenda, AZ
La Paz County Department of Community Development
1112 Joshua, Suite 202, Parker, Arizona 85344
(928) 669-6138 - Fax (928) 669-5503 - TDD (928) 669-8400
Information Distribution- Major Comprehensive Plan Amendments
1. CP2010-001 – Major Comprehensive Plan Amendment La Paz County- Security Capital, LLC. Security Capital, LLC (applicant) seeks to develop up to 1,157 acres of major manufacturing and associated industrial uses. The proposed Future Land Use Plan and text amendment will provide an appropriate land use designation for future development, construction and operation of major manufacturing and associated industrial uses within an identified Employment Center land use designation. The proposed major amendment will change the Future Land Use Map designation from Medium Density and Rural Residential to Employment Center on approximately 1,157 acres.
2. CP2010-002 – Major Comprehensive Plan Amendment La Paz County- Next Light Renewable Power, LLC. Next Light Renewable Power, LLC (applicant) seeks to develop up to 400 acres solar farm. The proposed Future Land Use Map Amendment will clarify that a solar energy generation facility is consistent with the existing Comprehensive Plan Rural Community planning area designation. This designation will allow for consideration of a solar and wind energy production facility by the Board of Supervisors as either a future planned development or through standard zoning practices, including a potential future special use permit.
3. CP2010-003 – Major Comprehensive Plan Amendment La Paz County Centennial Employment Center. La Paz County (applicant) seeks to allow potential solar development within the Centennial Employment Center as defined on the Future Land Use Map. The proposed text amendment will clarify that a solar energy generation facilities are consistent within the existing Comprehensive Plan Employment Center located at County Road 75E and I-10, known as the Centennial Employment Center. This designation will allow for consideration of a solar energy production facility by the Board of Supervisors as either a future planned development or through standard zoning practices, including potential future special use permits.
4. CP2010-004 – Major Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment La Paz County. La Paz County is proposing a major amendment to add Comprehensive Plan text clarifying the process for Major and Minor text amendments, including density and intensity limits and associated thresholds used to determine the type of application required.
If you need further information, please contact the Department of Community Development at 1112 Joshua Avenue, Suite 202, Parker, AZ 85344. The telephone number is (928) 669-6138.